Raw Chocolate-Spirulina Pie
- Ready In:
- 2 cups finely ground almonds
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup Agave
- 2 tablespoons cacao or 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoon spirulina (I used a green powder with a variety of greens)
- For the crust, mix almonds and agave in a bowl then press the mixture into the bottom of a 5 inch pie tin.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Be patient; the cashews take a little extra time to fully grind. If you rush, your filling may be lumpy with pieces of cashews.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and freeze.
- Transfer to fridge about 10 minutes before serving. If the pie remains in the fridge for a while, the filling will melt and become runny.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!