photo by Alia55
- Ready In:
- 2160hrs 15mins
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (optional)
- In a quart jar, raspberries, 1 cup sugar, and vodka. (I use frozen raspberries as the freezing process breaks down the cell walls, allowing you to get more juice).
- Seal jar tightly, and place in a dry, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the liquid using a double layer of cheese cloth. Gently squeeze the raspberries, getting as much juice from the raspberries as possible.
- In a fresh quart jar, add the second cup of sugar, glycerin, water to top and the strained liquid. Seal and store again in a dark place until sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar has all dissolved, bottle the resulting liqueur in a fresh bottle and let age for roughly 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After several floods to my basement, I am starting to input all of the many many recipes that I've been collecting for years. I didn't realize just how many I had saved up... must make note to self.. step away from the cookbooks!