Raspberry Crumb Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this recipe in a Domino Sugar pamplet. I have not made it yet, but it sure sounds yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (8 or 9 inch)
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, cut into bits
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the filling: In a bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gently fold in raspberries and lemon juice. Pour into pastry shell and set aside.
- For the crumb topping: In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and softened butter until mixture is crumbly, pressing together slightly with fingers if necessary to form larger crumbs.
- Dot pie with butter and top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until juices near center are bubbly. (Shield crust with foil when browned, checking halfway through baking.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION