Rhubarb Strawberry Crumb Pie
Whipped this up with the help of a few other zaar recipes, am posting mostly for my own use, but if you stumple upon it, please check it out.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, small and whole
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Combine flour, oatmeal, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in and blend butter with your fingers or pastry blender. Keep refrigerated.
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, flour and zest in bowl. Toss to combine.
- Scrape fruit mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Bake in bottom 1/3 of a preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Be sure to place a cookie sheet under pie as it typically drips and bubbles all over the place.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION