Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, or Strawberry Filling
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick and easy pie filling. Adapted from "Everyday with Rachael Ray,"
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 1 1/2 lbs blackberries or 1 1/2 lbs strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup berries with lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar; stir in tapioca and let sit 15 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add berry mixture and remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cook, stirring often, until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining berries and bring to a boil, stirring often, cook 3 minutes.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer, stirring often, until tapioca is tender, about 15 minutes; let cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION