Made this for the celebration of The Year Of The Dog...Chinese New Year 2005! It was part of a wonderful meal...and I have to admit that I changed it up a bit to "dress it up".
- Ready In:
- 12 water chestnuts, sliced (canned)
- 3 whole scallions, finely diced
- 1 scallion, large dice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and diced
- 6 cups chicken stock (unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly
- chili oil (optional)
- Bring stock with chicken to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add chestnuts and minced scallions. Continue to simmer for ten minutes.
- Add sherry and soy sauce.
- Turn off heat under the soup but leave on burner. Bring beaten egg whites over to the soup pot. Add a few drops of chili oil, if desired, to the eggs.
- Using fork, allow eggs to dribble into the soup. Repeat this until egg is gone.
- Serve with diced scallions scattered on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION