Rainbow Swirl Semifreddo
- Ready In:
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
To make colored elements:
- Blend strawberries, 6 tablespoons sugar, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Blend mangos, 6 tablespoons sugar, and a squeeze of lemon lemon juice.
- Blend pineapple, 6 tablespoons sugar, and a squeeze of lemon lemon juice.
- Blend blueberries, 6 tablespoons sugar, and a squeeze of lemon lemon juice.
To make semifreddo:
- Add vanilla ice cream in a bowl, mix to soften.
- In another bowl, whisk heavy cream until they become soft peaks.
- Mix vanilla ice cream with each colored puree mixture.
- Then fold in the whipped cream but do not over mix so you have swirl texture.
- In a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap, add each layer of the semifreddo color.
- Freeze overnight, pull semifreddo using the plastic wrap as handles, remove the plastic wrap.
- Cut and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!