Quinoa and Corn With Scallions
- Ready In:
- 3 plump ears of corn
- 2 cups water (or stock)
- 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or butter)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion, including some of the greens
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Shuck the corn, slice off the kernels, and set aside.
- Reverse your knife and scrape the cobs to get the milk.
- Bring the stock or water to a boil; add the quinoa, corn scrapings and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet, add the scallions and corn kernels and cook over medium high heat until the scallions are bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Toss them with the quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the crumbled cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am tri-vocational. I am an adjunct professor of women and gender studies, spiritual partner, and freelance writer/editor. I love reading, writing, cooking, baking, drumming, time with friends, my wife, and our two cats. I am passionate about life. I am not sure i have any pet peeves, however, I like to surround myself with loving spirits and positive energy. What inspires me to cook is life. I am always willing to push myself out of my comfort zone and learn more about the world and ingredients through my cooking.</p>