Quick Chicken and Bacon Sauté
photo by Sharlene~W
- Ready In:
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into 1/2 inch slices and sprinkle with salt.
- Cut the scallions, including the green tops, into thin slices.
- Brown the bacon in a large frying pan.
- Remove it from pan.
- Put half the chicken in the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside with cooked bacon.
- Cook remaining chicken in the same way.
- Return all the chicken and bacon to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Add the wine or stock and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the scallions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found this lacking a little "something." I added a little extra Wyler's chicken boullion from the shaker bottle to spice it up a little bit. Perhaps I didn't add enough salt to begin with. Although it wasn't a complete disaster, I don't think that I will be making it again. The thoughts of all that bacon grease going into my tummy gave my veins cholesterol attacks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.