Quick Caramel Nut Rolls
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 frozen buttermilk biscuits, slightly thawed and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray bottom and sides of 4 (6-oz) custard cups (or giant muffin tin) with non-stick spray.
- Melt1 tablespoon of butter into each custard cup.
- In small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide remaining brown sugar among the four custard cups and sprinkle with nuts.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and dip each half in the butter, rolling in the brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Place three frozen biscuit halves, cut side down, in each cup.
- Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar on biscuits.
- Drizzle one tablespoon heavy cream over top of each cup.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy.
- Immediately run sharp knife around edge of cup; turn each upside down onto serving plate.
- Slowly lift custard cup from biscuit, releasing biscuit onto plate.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"