Quick and Easy Cupcakes
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup becel salted stick, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- 2. Combine flours and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat one margarine stick with granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs on low speed until blended, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture just until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes and cool completely.
- 4. Meanwhile, blend remaining margarine stick, icing sugar, remaining milk and remaining vanilla until blended. Beat on medium-high speed, scraping sides occasionally until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Evenly frost cooled cupcakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!