Quick and Easy Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or shortening)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- In a medium or large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream the sugar and shortening until no granules remain (about 4 minutes).
- Add in eggs and extract; beat very well for 5 minutes on high speed.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. (sift first for fluffier cake).
- Add to the creamed mixture along with the heavy cream and water mixture; mix well until blended (about 2-3 minutes).
- Use an ice cream scooper to evenly distribute mix in muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!