Quick and Easy Cucumber Pickels
photo by Chef lamiaa
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 2 -3 cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 leaves celery (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cut each cucumber logwise, then cut horizontaly to have a bunch of half circles.
- fill into a suitable size jar, try to fill the jar as much as you can.
- add the garlic, celery and cumen to the jar content.
- in a small pot heat the water + salt, after it boils remove from the heat and add the vinegar.
- now add this salt vinegar mixture while still hot to the jar, covering all the contents.
- then add the oil to make a thin oily layer on top of the jar contents.
- close tightly and leave in the room temperature.
- in couple of hours the cucumber will be ready, if you leave it overnight it will be even better, but after that you should keep it in the fridge so it wont be so soft, that's why it is best done in small batches suitable for 3-4 days max.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!