Quick and Easy Chocolate Frosting
- Ready In:
1 8 inch 2 layer cake
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a glass bowl, except for vanilla extract.
- Microwave on low heat stirring and checking every few seconds until it is evenly melted. (Original recipe said to do this in a saucepan over low heat, but I've always used the microwave and it's come out fine.).
- Remove from microwave once melted and stir again .
- When slightly cool, add vanilla extract and frost cake.
- (I once poured this frosting while it was slightly warm onto a warm cake because I was in a hurry and it turned into a beautiful chocolate glaze.) Super easy. I don't think I've found an easier recipe than this that tastes so good.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!