Queso Flameado (Flaming Cheese)
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces mexican chorizo sausage (beef or pork)
- 1 (12 ounce) round asadero cheese (or other white melting cheese)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- crumbled pasilla chile
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh corn tortillas or flour tortilla, as needed
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Heat chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly and spoon off most of the fat.
- Slice cheese into 1-inch cubes; place half in a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with half the chorizo and remaining cheese. Top with remaining chorizo. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until creamy and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with brandy. Carefully light with a match; brandy will flame up and burn out quickly. Top mixture with crumbled chiles, green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately with tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am going to use this spot to put some of my favorite cooking tips and tricks that don't really warrant going in as a recipe and so I don't lose them!!