Pumpkin Walnut Ring
- Ready In:
- 720hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 ounces safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree or 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
for the glaze
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce milk chocolate candy bar
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, soda, spices, and walnuts and whisk to blend.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and oils for 2 to 3 minutes or until very smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and beat just until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until completely moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan (6-cup baby Bundt pan or loaf pan, greased and floured.) and bake 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Break the chocolates into squares and place in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the oil and place over very hot but not simmering water on low heat.
- The water must not touch the bottom of the double boiler insert.
- Remove the double boiler from the heat and stir until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.
- May be store 1 week at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!