Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- nutmeg, a pinch
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°; coat the inside of a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust it with flour.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and nutmeg ; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar; cream with an electric mixer on med-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on med-low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of bowl after each addition; stir in the pumpkin and vanilla; stir in the milk.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 55 minutes - 1hour, until the cake is firm to the touch and a pick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up on a rack to cool completely.
- Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator, wrapped in plastic, for up to 1 week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!