Puff Pastry Fig Pinwheels
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet puff pastry (Use a good brand, it really makes a difference)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pistachios (I used toasted ones which I then shelled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate (around 30g grated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 fresh figs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Thaw puff pastry and brush with melted butter right to the edge of the pastry.
- Sprinkle with dark brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Slice figs as thinly as possible and press into the pastry as evenly as you can. They will be quite soft and you can squish them a bit to spread them out as you want to avoid big chunks.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over the figs and the pistachios.
- Carefully roll up the pastry from the narrow end and slice into around 12 pieces.
- Be careful as the dough will be sticky and can fall apart. I managed to slice them into 1cm wide pieces and discarded the two end pieces.
- Place on baking tray lined with paper or non-stick silicon baking mat.
- Place tray near the bottom of the oven and cook for around 20 minutes keeping an eye on them so that they don't burn.
- Note that the fresh figs caramelise into a jam which sticks to the tray so remove them carefully with a spatula when they have cooled slightly.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!