Puerto Rican Chicken in Green Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 25mins
- 6 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 6 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cilantro leaves, packed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- steamed rice, and lime wedges for serving
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and the cumin. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the cilantro, garlic, jalapenos, onion, bell peppers, and wine with 2 T of the olive oil. Transfer to slow cooker and stir in the stock. Add the chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, shifting the potatoes and chicken and few times, or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges, drizzled with a bit of oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a former retail management slave who is now a stay at home mom who absolutely loves her job. I have an eight year old, a two year old and a nine month old who all bring their own kind of joy to my life. My favorite thing in the world is to cook. We have a real, from scratch family dinner almost every night. Please don't be offended if I somewhat change a recipe in my review. I look at recipes sort of as guidelines, and alter them according to inspiration. I've received alot of helpful advice from reviews, that's why I share what I've done differently. With my little ones I'm pretty busy, but I LOVE this site and plan on being even more active as they get older.