Prune, Chocolate and Almond Tart
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- Line a 30 cm tart tin with pastry and prick with a fork. Bake blind in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile tip the prunes, demerarra sugar and wine in a saucepan and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes or until the prunes have absorbed the wine. Set aside to cool, then stuff each prune with broken chocolate.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale, beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Stir in the ground almonds.
- Spoon the almond filling into the cooked shell and scatter around the prunes, pressing down lightly. Bake the tart in the oven at 180°C for 20 – 30 minutes or until coloured.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing the tart. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!