Prosperity Sauce (Asian Dipping Sauce)
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil. Add the ginger and scallions, cook 1 minute or until slightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in wine; add gradually to the liquid, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm originally from San Diego, California but now retired and living the tranquilo life in Dominical, Costa Rica!