Prosciutto Garlic and Herb Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Tarragon
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound out the chicken from the center outward. Repeat with the remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Place one slice of prosciutto on top of each pounded chicken breast. Place a quarter of the cheese on top of each slice. Wrap and roll the chicken over the stuffing. Secure the meat with toothpicks.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat with the olive oil. Season the stuffed and rolled chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and brown on all sides, cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken; add the butter to the pan, then the flour. Cook for a minute, whisk in the win, and reduce for another minute. Whisk in the stock and tarragon and return the chicken to the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve. Remove the toothpicks. Serve the chicken whole or sliced.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My rating system: (I don't like giving bad reviews, so if I don't like it, I'll just not review it.) <br /><br />5 Stars OMG, this is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten! I can't stop eating it, and I've eaten myself into a food coma. <br /><br />4 Stars The recipe is wonderful as is. I can't think of a single improvement and I will most likely make it again. <br /><br />3 Stars This needed a little *something*something*. I might make it again, but will add my own improvements if I do. <br /><br />I love to eat! And I love to cook. I tend to take over the kitchen when I get in there. Even the dog knows the command get outta my kitchen! LOL. Cooking for other people and trying new recipes or foods is FUN! I have a small (but growing quickly!!) cookbook collection and one of my favorite things to do is to read recipes and plan meals. Rachael Ray, Horn of the Moon and Moosewood are favorites of mine. <br /><br />We spend a lot of time outdoors camping, hiking and backpacking. Yup. I cook in the woods too! I've made deals with my hiking buddies... If they carry in my food, I'll cook for them. I recently published a backpacking cookbook. Check out the website: http://www.onepanwonders.com <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedPRD.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /></p>