Pretzel Crescent Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These chewy yet somewhat flaky crescent rolls will be the hit at your next gathering. I guarantee it!
- Ready In:
- 10 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 4 teaspoons sesame
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (coarse)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 10 cups water and the baking soda to boiling over high heat.
- In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water with fork until well mixed. Set aside.
- Unroll dough onto work surface and separate into 8 triangles. Starting at shortest side of each triangle and stretching dough slightly, roll up loosely to opposite point. Bring ends of dough together and pinch lightly.
- Place rolls, 2 at a time, in boiling soda water and cook 30 seconds. With slotted spoon, remove from water and place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Lightly brush tops with egg mixture. Sprinkle each with sesame seed and pinch of salt.
- Using metal pancake turner, carefully transfer rolls to cookie sheet. If necessary, reshape rolls into pretzel shape.
- Bake until deep golden brown (11-13 minutes). Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION