Pregnancy Delight Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 2 slices white bread
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 slices pastrami
- 4 slices turkey ham
- 1 slice back bacon
- 1 slice Mature cheddar cheese (thick)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 4 small artichoke hearts (from can)
- 2 slices fresh tomatoes
- fresh lettuce leaf
- 3 pitted green olives
- 1 large pickled green pepper (from jar)
- Dijon mustard
- 1 dash garlic
- 1 dash dried chili
- 1 dash coarse black pepper
- 1 dash dried basil
- Soak the sundried tomatoes for 30 minutes in warm water.
- Preheat Grill or broiler.
- Open the can of artichoke hearts and pour into small saucepan, top with a few ounces of water, heat but do not boil. Once warmed, slice 4 hearts into pieces and set aside.
- Heat small amount of olive oil in pan and add the fresh baby spinach. Cook for a few moments. Drain onto the papertowels and set aside.
- Fry back bacon and drain on papertowels, break into small pieces and set aside.
- Drain sundried tomatoes and cut into small pieces. Sautee in a 1/2 tablespoon olive oil with sprinkling of garlic and dried red chilli. Drain onto papertowels and set aside.
- Slice 3 pitted green olives.
- Lightly toast slices of bread.
- Combine 6 tablespoons olive oil and 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar in a small dish. Place bread onto grill pan and brush the combination onto each slice of bread.
- On once slice of bread place 3 slices of pastrami, folded. Top with sauteed sundried tomatoes, baby spinach, artichoke hearts, sliced pickled green pepper and green olives.
- On the other slice of bread place 4 rolled slices of Turkey Ham, pieces of fried bacon and thick slice of cheddar cheese.
- Place in grill or broiler open faced - just until the cheese melts.
- Slice small fresh tomato and drizzle with olive oil.
- Remove sandwich from grill or broiler sprinkle with dried basil and coarse black pepper. Add Fresh lettuce leaves and 2 slices of the fresh tomato.
- Lastly, add mayo and dijon mustard.
- Close sandwich and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!