Prawn (Shrimp) Risotto With Saffron and Basil
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and heat until golden.
- Meanwhile, shell all the prawns but one per person, discarding the shells but retaining the heads.
- Add the rice to the onion and stir until well covered with oil.
- Reduce the heat and add saffron and white wine to the rice, stirring until the wine is mostly absorbed.
- Add the prawn heads to the mix and ladle in the fish stock, about 100ml at a time, waiting until it is absorbed by the rice before adding another ladle.
- When the rice is almost done (it should be a soft, creamy consistency), add the fish meat, two whole prawns and basil.
- Turn the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the prawns are *just* done - don't overcook or they will turn rubbery.
- Season with salt and pepper - remove the heads if you wish.
- Just before serving, add the butter and stir in well.
- Serve garnished with a whole prawn.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!