Poulet Nicoise (Chicken With Olives)
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into serving pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 yellow squash, quartered and sliced 1/4-inch thick (1 1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup dry-cured black olives, pitted
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In 5 1/2 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add chicken, brown on all sides, about 7 minutes total. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes more. Add squash; wine, 2 tablespoons parsley and 2 teaspoons tarragon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until squash are soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; add tomatoes, olives and stock. Bring to a gentle simmer; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until chicken in cooked through, 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoons parsley and 1 teaspoons tarragon. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!