photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/8 inch thick rounds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute until onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add thyme and rosemary, saute 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush 11x7/2 inch glass baking dish with oil.
- Arrange 1/3 of potatoes in dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Top potatoes with half of onion mixture.
- Repeat potatoe and onion mixture layer.
- Top (final layer) with potatoes.
- Pour broth over.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake potatoes 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake until potatoes are tender and golden, about 25 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"