Potato Crusted Catfish #5FIX
- Ready In:
4 6 oz. filets
- Combiner buttermilk and hot sauce in a ziplock bag. Add fish filets and refrigerate for 10 minutes .
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and use a pair of scissors to cut potatoes into smaller shreds (about 1/4 inch pieces). Pat with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Remove fish from buttermilk allowing excess to drip of and place on a paper towel. Divide half of the potatoes evenly between the fish filets spreading and pressing firmly onto the tops of fish filets. The layer of potatoes should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully place fish, potato side down, into hot oil. Press remaining potatoes onto the fish filets. Cook 6-8 minutes until the potatoes on the bottom side are brown and crispy, then carefully turn and cook an additional 6-8 minutes until the other side is brown and the fish is cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!