Potato Apple Dauphinoise
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled russet potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 tart peeled apple, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (or swiss if you're a purist!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, heated
- Preheat oven to 425°F Spread an 11-by-7-inch baking dish or gratin dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Arrange half the potatoes and apple in dish, sprinkle with half the garlic, drizzle with half the remaining butter, half the cheese, and half the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Pour hot milk over potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, milk is absorbed and top is browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I can't believe no one had reviewed this dish yet. I made it tonight for the first time and hubby and I agree it's definitely going to be on the menu often. The only change I made was using 2% milk because that's what I had on hand. Thank you Lizzymommy! I've been looking for a really good potato dish that is different for a long, long time and this is it! We love it (and we are not easy to please).