Pot De Creme
photo by sweetcakes
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So delicious and decadent! Made for a special dessert for Valentine's Day! Divided it into five antique demitasse cups. The amount fit the five cups well but it was so rich we all had trouble finishing it. I think I might divide it into more cups next time and leave room for a bit of whipping cream. I was surprised how easy and f-a-s-t this went together. Thanks so much. Everyone was so impressed.
This was so rich and creamy! I can see why it is recommended for 5 servings. We divided into two portions and it was really filling, so next time i will serve this in a tiny cute cup on the side of some other light dessert which ive seen done in fancy restaurants (top chef) We loved it, thanks for posting!
Definitely not on the low fat diet! Still delicious. I would recommend the addition of about 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee to the saucepan at the start. This will just take the edge off the sometimes cloying taste of plain chocolate. Unless you have VERY small ramekins, you might want to double the recipe as well.