Posh French Mash
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded gruyere
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes & garlic into a large saucepan, add enough water to just cover & bring water to a boil; reduce heat to medium low & simmer, covered, 20 - 25 minutes until potatoes & garlic are very tender.
- Drain well, return to saucepan & put over low heat for a minute or so to dry out potatoes, shaking the saucepan so they don't stick.
- Combine milk & butter in a microwave-safe bowl & nuke on high for 1 - 2 minutes until milk is steaming & butter starts to melt; stir milk mixture, cheese & seasonings into potatoes.
- Squeeze potatoes through a ricer OR mash roughly with a fork, then beat until smooth with an electric mixer, being careful not to overdo it or they will become gluey.
- Spoon into a warm serving dish; sprinkle with parsley & serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">