MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
All the way from Portugal the island Acores. My grandmother passed it down to my mom to me and my grandchildren--the unique taste of spices from our islands.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (2 tablespoon) packages seasoning (sayon goya)
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 3 -5 lbs pork butt, cut into chunks
- In a large container with a tight lid add all your pork and ingredients. Refrigerate the meat for up to 24-48 hours.
- In a large skillet (or large frying pan) brown the each piece on each side.
- Add all the meat and marinating spices into a large pot.
- Add 1 12 oz. beer (of your choice) then simmer on medium heat to 1 1/2 hours up to 2 hours or until meat is fork tender (serve it over rice or just as a pork sandwiches).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION