photo by 1fatchef
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Using a spoon, scrape gills from interior of mushrooms.
- Generously drizzle olive oil over mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet and bake until tender (8-10 mins). Set aside to cool.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into four equal squares.
- Place a mushroom in the center of pastry, layer with roasted pepper, basil leaves and goat cheese. Finish with a second portobello mushroom.
- Fold centers of pastry around filling, bringing them together at top. Be sure to enclose entirely.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet with folded side down.
- Brush top of Wellington with egg wash.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 mins, until pastry is golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is great!! I love that this is so easy to do yet looks very gourmet and lovely!!! I had one sheet of puff pastry so I cut this in half and I used a combo of mascarpone cheese with a little bit of goat cheese because they have the same consistency and I like mascarpone better. I used roasted red peppers out of the jar and I soaked them on a paper towel before putting in my Wellingtons because I knew those mushrooms would create a lot of juice and I wanted to keep that to a minimum for the pastry. They took about 20 minutes to brown and everything inside was hot and delicious so I was pleased. I really had a great time making these and eating them!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 and a full time student/soon to be radiological technologist. I just started learning to cook in the last couple of years but I am really enjoying myself and I love trying new recipes. I really try my best to create healthy meals for myself and whoever else is brave enough to try my cooking.