Pork Roast Provencale
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Cut tiny slits in the roast and push in some garlic.
- Place roast in small oven cooking bag.
- Combine chicken broth, all the lemon juice, oil, onion, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper; pour over roast.
- Put tie around bag, refrigerate overnight, and turn occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove bag from refrigerator, put into pan, and roast for 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Remove roast from bag-cover with foil and let rest.
- Skim and discard fat from juices in roasting pan.
- Remove both bay leaves.
- Put liquid into 3 quart saucepan and heat up over medium setting.
- Put cornstarch and cold water into small jar, put lid on, and shake it up.
- Add cornstarch mixture to liquid in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt to your taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used half of a pork tenderloin, and mine turned out wonderfully moist. I was going crazy after about 20 minutes of roasting....the smell is devine! I marinated for 12 hours, and that seemed fine. My sauce seemed a little thick, but maybe it is because I used a tenderloin (producing less juice) and I halved all the other ingredients. I also love a recipe that lets me throw something into the oven and forget about it! I wish I had your lifestyle....sounds wonderful. I really enjoyed this pork roast...made for photo tag! Thanks for sharing your recipe.