Polski Sausage With Red Cabbage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great new twist on a Polish family favorite. Got it from www.polskisausage.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 head red cabbage, sliced (about 2 lbs.)
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb polski gourmet sausage, sliced into half-moons
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Place cabbage in a colander. Pour boiling water over cabbage. Drain well.
- 2 Melt butter in a large skillet. Add cabbage. Stir in lemon juice. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, or until cabbage is pink. Add wine, salt and pepper. Cover. Simmer over medium-low heat 45 minutes.
- 3 Mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir into simmering liquid. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add Polski Gourmet Sausage. Cover; cook 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow, I had Red Cabbage before but the Polski Sausage was so amazing. I'm from Sayreville, NJ and we have a lot of Polish Deli's around, but their sausage does not have that fresh authentic taste as the sausage that I got from www.polskisausage.com. So dump your old Polish Deli's and buy your polish sausage on line, it so easy and so worth it!Reply