This is a very easy healthy desert, perfect for someone who's lactose intolerant. It's very easy to put together. My guest were impress on how easy it was to put together. I serve them in martini glasses
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 5mins
- 1 (825 g) can whole plums in heavy syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Remove seeds from plum and place the plums with syrup in a blender or food processor puree the plums.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the vanilla puree the mixture,.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer proof dish.
- Chill for eight hours or overnight.
- When your ready to serve scrape the granita with a fork to lighten the texture and serve it in chilled bowls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
The kids loved this, though I found it a bit over-sweet. I used a fork to beat the mixture a few times as it froze for a more Italian Ice type texture because the kids complain if frozen treats are crunchy rather than smooth. And after a couple days I used the last of it to make smoothies/milkshakes for a kid with a fever who wasn't up to eating. He's scarfing that down happily. I'll try it again another time frozen in popsicle molds.