Plain Jane Roasted Potatoes
photo by AcadiaTwo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 7 red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (a little more if you like)
- fresh ground pepper (I use mixed peppercorns)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter over medium, set aside.
- Wash, dry and quarter potatoes. Keep skins on.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and coat with olive oil making sure the potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Add kosher salt and toss with potatoes.
- Add melted butter and toss with potatoes.
- Liberally ground pepper over potatoes and toss.
- Place dish uncovered in the oven. Cook potatoes for one hour or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I can't believe I haven't rated this recipe before now. I have made these potatoes about a dozen times already and they are incredible. They are brown and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. I like to turn the potatoes over after 30 minutes to make sure that they are browned on all sides. It is a great side dish with a roast but I would be willing to eat a bowl of them all by themselves!
I love the fact that these potatoes were skin on, less work of course, and so good for you.<br/>Although it pains me to say it, the butter really is a must, so don't be tempted to skip it.<br/>These potatoes were gorgeously crispy, but so fluffy inside....a perfect accompaniment to just about anything in my book!<br/>Made for PAC-OCT '11
see 1 more reviews