Pizza With Kidney Beans and Feta
photo by Elise and family
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (approx.)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pizza yeast
- 1 big carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 red pepper, in thin slices
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 100 g feta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Fry the garlic in the olive oil until it is just soft. Add the tomato paste, stir 20 seconds, then add water until you have a thick sauce (it's just a smallish amount - don't worry). Add salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and let "simmer" (or stay hot) while you prepare the rest. Stir it once in a while if you want. It should smell good!
- Follow the instructions on the pizza yeast package. The bread does not need to rise, so this part shouldn't take too long.
- Press dough into one regular pizza pan.
- Prepare vegetables and rinse beans.
- Spread tomato sauce on dough, leaving a rim around the edge for the "crust".
- Sprinkle vegetables and beans over the sauce. Crumble the feta over everything last.
- Bake on lowest rack for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking should be easy and fun, in my opinion! And it's not only what you eat, but how you eat it . . . a peaceful meal eaten with a sense of gratitude will do wonders for the digestion. I cook for my family and we enjoy mainly organic, vegetarian dishes.