Pizza-Fied Chicken Casserol
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperture
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low fat marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 ounce turkey pepperoni, roughly chopped
- sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese with 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoons onion powder. Stir until smooth and uniform.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean, if needed. Re-spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and bell pepper, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoons onion powder. Cook and stir until slightly softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer skillet contents to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Chop chicken, and evenly place in the baking pan.
- Evenly top chicken with creamy veggies, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and chopped pepperoni.
- Bake until entire dish is hot and bubbly and mozzarella has melted, 20 - 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"