- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350°F Place pistachios in a single layer in a pan; toast for 3 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and coarsely chop; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugars, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to boil until mixture reaches 300°F (hard crack stage; use candy thermometer); stirring frequently.
- Stir in 3/4 cup pistachios; mix well and pour into a jellyroll pan lined with buttered foil. Spread mixture into a large rectangle. Cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe container, microwave white chocolate 30 seconds; stir. Continue microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth, but not hot. Using a spatula, spread over toffee, covering it completely. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pistachios and gently pat into chocolate.
- Place pan in refrigerator for 5 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!