Pip's Chicken Salad
photo by Jessi Leigh
- Ready In:
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, cut in half (optional)
- Cook the chicken until tender. Cool and shred. Add 1 cup of chicken broth to moisten.
- Add celery, pecans, pineapple, and relish to shredded chicken. Then add mayo to taste. Use your own judgment—the more mayo you use, the more moist it will be. You can also add the seedless grapes if you want to.
- I like to use fresh croissants to make my sandwiches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm just a simple home cook who enjoys cooking for my family. I learned most of what I know about cooking from my Mom, who is a pretty great cook in her own right. I have also learned to make use of sites like RecipeZaar to find new and interesting recipes that my family enjoys.</p>