Pink Cottage Dessert Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box jell-o sugar-free strawberry gelatin (4 serving size)
- 4 ounces Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- In food processor, blend cottage cheese til smooth.
- Sprinkle dry Jello over top and blend with Cool Whip and pineapple.
- Refrigerate several hours for Jello to dissolve.
Join The Conversation
I have been eating this since I was a child every Thanksgiving and Christmas now its my dish to make for the holidays. My grandmother makes it slightly different, we use a full 8 oz container of Cool Whip, 8 oz of cottage cheese 1 small can crushed pineapple (not drained) 1 box cherry jello (sweetened). After mixing all that together real well we add 1 cup of miniature marshmallows and refrigerate over night..
My oldest son (Almost 40) sent me this,and asked if it was the same one he had as a child.It is. He dubbed it "pink stuff".But we didn't blend the cottage cheese, or use sugar free jello.We used regular sweetened jello. It was a great,sweet treat,but not close to healthy!My other 4 kids never tried it, for that reason.
This is so delicious. I didn't have crushed pineapple, so I drained a can of pineapple tidbits and crushed them with my potato masher, and I think that worked out quite well. But I won't take the trouble to do that next time, because I think some of the pineapple tidbits that I missed gave it a bit more texture that really worked well. And I used all low-fat products, and we all simple loved this dessert. I will make it again, especially knowing low-fat options work well in this recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipe, scotty's mom. Made for 2012 Think Pink tag game.