Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
You will not believe how good this one tastes besides being super easy to make. I just made it today and I could not believe how good it turned out. The taste is just simply to good :)
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can drained pineapple rings
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk or 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter and pour onto a round dip baking pan. Pour brown sugar over the top and arrange pineapple rings over the sugar.
- Mix remaining ingredients together except egg whites. Fold egg whites previously beaten stiff to the batter.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes depending on the oven. Let cake cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Turn cake upside down onto a plate and let it stand like that so that juices run down the cake for about 1 minute and then remove the pan. Eat warm or cool down for consumption.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION