photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
5 1/2 cups
- In medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, mustard, ginger & cloves so that mustard moistens sugar.
- To sugar mixture, add drained pineapple chunks, diced onion & raisins.
- Over medium-high heat, bring JUST to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low & SIMMER about 10-15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Mix cornstarch with water, then, stirring this mixture into the raisin sauce, continue to simmer about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with pork or chicken (OR ham) -- OR -- !
Made exactly to the recipe specifications, and served with grilled gammon steaks! WOW! This is a GREAT combination of flavours - and just what I have come to expect from the King of Fruit recipes!! I have some left over to serve with grilled chicken this week. I have no suggestions on how to improve on this as it was wonderful just the way it was posted. Made for Newest Tag game - no photos for the gammon, I'll try to get them for the chicken when I serve it! Thanks again Syd - brilliant! FT:-)