- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Placre all ingredients (excluding the garnish) in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (can be prepared one day in advance; stir before serving).
- Ladle 6 to 8 ounces into chilled soup bowls and sprinkle with red and green bell peppers, cucumber, and cilantro. If you want more fire in your soup, don't forget to add minced jalapeno or serrano chile along with the garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!