Pineapple Chicken Bake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A nice comfort food dish. I like the blend of spices along with the pineapple. The sauce is delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Mix together flour, salt, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and nutmeg; dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture.
- In a heavy skillet brown chicken breasts in melted butter.
- When chicken is golden brown, transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce and sugar; mix well and pour over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until chicken is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes longer, basting with pan juices several times.
- Serve sauce with the chicken, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum, yum good! We had this for dinner this evening and it really hit the spot. I didn't have the celery salt but will be sure to add it next time. I also cut way back on the butter to brown the chicken and it still turned out great. The chicken was moist and tender with a sweet and savory flavor. This was great comfort food for this cold winter's night.Reply