Pineapple Berry "make Um Your Way" Muffins
Muffins with lots of taste, fiber and not too many calories. These will carry you through till lunch.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (can be part white whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen or could sub raspberries or blackberries)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (macadamia nuts are great)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the pineapple, sour cream, egg, melted butter until well blended. Stir in the coconut.
- In a large bowl mix the dry items, flour through salt, and blend well.
- Add the berries and nuts to the flour mix and toss to blend.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet blend.
- Gently stir until just combined.
- Spray oil into 12 cup muffin tin and add generous amount of the batter to each. (If there is too much batter left, make a small tin pan in addition, or could make 2 more muffins).
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great muffins! The pineapple and berries give these a fresh and sweet taste, and I love the crunchy pecans! I omitted the ground flax seeds (didn't have any), used 1/2 c of whole wheat flour + 1 c all-purpose, and used frozen raspberries. Made 12 muffins and did need to bake the muffins closer to 45 minutes before they tested done. Quick to put together, a delight to eat - will definitely make again! Thank you for sharing!Reply