Picnic Partner Macaroni Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Exactly as the recipe title says, a fantastic picnic partner - I think we all have a macaroni salad at a picnic in the summer, and this is a very tasty one -
- Ready In:
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- Cook and drain macaroni, saving 1 cup pasta water. Cool macaroni. Rinse in cold water to cool and drain well.
- In large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, onion and seasonings. Add macaroni, toss to coat. Add celery, peas, cucumber and cheese. Mix well. Cover. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Pasta has a tendency to absorb a lot of liquid as it sits, so if the salad appears dry, add some of the pasta water to hydrate again.
- Stir gently before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION