photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 200 g dried wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 red chili peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 200 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- Boil the noodles until just tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot until hot and stir fry the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the chilli peppers and stir fry for a further minute.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and salt and stir until it is mixed.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, tomatoes and most of the basil and stir continuously for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice noodles to the pot, mix well and simmer for a few minutes, adding a little hot water if required.
- Meanwhile, stir fry the prawns in a little butter for about 2 minutes.
- Mix the cooked prawns in with the noodles, garnish with the rest of the basil and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!