Petit Beurre -- Tea Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks (large...save whites for another use)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat together softened butter and sugar on medium speed for about a minute.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating smooth after each addition.
- Add half the flour mixture.
- Add milk, then add the remaining flour mixture.
- Scrape dough onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Press it into a rectangle about ½ inch thick.
- Wrap and chill for several hours or up to 3 days.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 325F and place parchment paper onto baking sheet.
- Place dough on a floured work surface and lightly flour it.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch square.
- Cut the square in half, then roll each half into a 9x12 inch rectangle.
- With the tines of a fork, pierce the dough at ½ inch intervals.
- Cut each half of dough into 24 rectangles of 3x1½-inch each.
- Transfer cuts-out to baking sheets and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are lightly golden all over.
- Slide parchment paper along with petit beurre onto wire racks to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!